There is a baby born in the UK every 40 Seconds
Disposable Nappies – The facts:
- In the UK, between 8 and 9 million disposable nappies are thrown away every day, amounting to 4% of UK waste.
- Disposable nappies contain chemicals, which are in constant contact with your baby’s skin.
- They are massively damaging to the environment and take centuries to decompose.
- Up until your child is potty trained they work out much more expensive than reusable nappies.
- Lots of wasteful packaging, nappies are packed, boxed and then wrapped onto a pallet with plastic.
- They are transported miles in lorries and on boats from factory – to distributor – to retailer
- Watch this video…..I’m in it!!!
- You can run out!
The Devon Real Nappy Project
I am an Independent Nappy Advisor and also work as a volunteer for the Devon Real Nappy Project. I also have several trial nappy kits for Devon County Council which contain a selection of nappies for you to try at home, this way you can see how easy it all is. Its FREE to hire a kit so if you’d like to borrow one for a month contact me or come along to a Nappuccino and pick one up.
Borrowing the trail kit enables you to really get to grips with which type of nappy is best for you and your family. Every family is different and has different reasons for using cloth nappies equally different families have different facilities and as we already know – no two babies are the same!
Why not host a real nappy party! If you’re thinking of using real nappies gather a few mums together and lets make an evening of it. Drop me an email or give me a call.